I love sweet potatoes. For one, they cook a lot faster than regular potatoes (I’m impatient!) and they have so much more natural flavor that you rarely have to modify them. However, the root works especially well with certain flavors, such as curry and maple. Stay warm with this fall soup. It is sweet and spicy and quick to make.
May I suggest you enjoy it with a Viognier that is off-dry and has a mineral finish? It keep your palette clean so that you can fully experience the flavors of this soup. Yum!
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 small sweet onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 cups of light, salt-free vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons mild curry
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro, nutmeg and clove for garnish
Read more at http://goo.gl/mbzXV