Wanna know something else I love? Chips. Chips of any kind, any type, any shape with dip or without – it doesn’t matter. I am a CHIP Lover/Addict. Today i want to share with you a fun little recipe that was well received at a recent House gathering. These are simple pita chips with a couple of twists. Super easy to make and very fun to eat… CCCCRUNCH!
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 3/4 Tsp. Ground cumin
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground red pepper
- 5 Large whole wheat or white pitas with pockets
- 1/2 Cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In cup, with fork, mix oil, cumin, and ground red pepper.
- With knife or kitchen shears, cut each pita in half. Brush 1 side of pita halves with oil mixture. Cut each half into 8 wedges.
- Arrange wedges, oiled-side up, in non greased sheet pans.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan, and salt if you like.
- Place pans on oven racks and bake crisps 12 to 15 minutes or until golden, rotating pans from upper to lower racks halfway through baking for even browning.
- Cool chips in pans on wire racks.
- Dip with your favorite Hummus or Bean Dip
The cumin flavored combined with the slight heat of the red pepper was a fantastic combination. I feel the simple oil mixture elevated a somewhat boring piece of Pita Bread into an exciting bite for the guests.
Kick start your weekend with a super day today. Let’s see if we can do something fun. Have a great weekend.