I saw a version of these easy breakfast cups on Dine and Dish and immediately wanted to make them. I’ve previously made bacon egg toast cups, but these are even easier (though you don’t get the toast).
All you need to do is crack an egg into a muffin mold. And you sprinkle cheese and bacon bits on top. The original version uses ham and cheese, but I didn’t have any ham in the house. I did have bacon though.
* 6 eggs
* shredded cheese
* 2 pieces of bacon, chopped into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Grease 6 muffin cups.
2. Crack egg into each muffin cup, making sure to not break the yolk.
3. Sprinkle cheese on top of the egg, covering surface. Sprinkle bacon pieces on top of cheese. If you want a runny yolk and want to gage the doneness of the yolk, only sprinkle cheese and bacon on the egg white and make sure not to cover yolk.
4. Bake at 400F for 8-10 minutes depending on how well done you want your yolk.